Image source: http://www.visitlasvegas.com/
Looking for a good time in Vegas at IMEX America?
Aside from all of the usual Vegas delights, there will be plenty of fun things to do at the IMEX America show, which runs from October 9-11. Here are a few suggested diversions:
- Check out the latest suite of event technology that is powering and transforming events.
Stop by ACTIVE Network’s booth #2626 to find out about the latest tools including Meeting Locator , Mobile and Conference 7.0 .
- Get your hands dirty cleaning soap!
Yes, you read it right. Find out where socially conscious hotels retire their old soap! On Monday October 8th, take a tour of Clean the World’s Las Vegas Recycling Operations Center, and find out what happens to those leftover little bottles of shampoo and soap bars. Be ready for bus pickup at 1:30 on Level 1, Ground Transportation Entrance (opposite Marco Polo Ballroom), at The Venetian|The Palazzo.
- “Do” celebrate the Fab Four.
On Tuesday Oct. 9th, at the Visit England booth (#814), on what would have been John Lennon’s 72nd birthday, the Liverpool Convention Bureau will celebrate 50 years since the Beatles released their first single “Love me Do”, with a party at various times during the day: 10:00 am, 12:30 pm and 3:30 pm. Stop by and enter the “Ticket to Ride” competition to win an all-expenses-paid familiarization trip to Liverpool.
- Learn key Strategic Meetings Management (SMM) Concepts. On Thursday, October 11th , the last day of IMEX, Linda McNairy, VP of Strategic Partnerships at ACTIVE Network, Business Solutions, will be at PCMA’s booth #3048 at the Sands Expo and Convention Center at The Venetian and The Palazzo, from 11:00-11:30, speaking on:
- “15 SMM Basics in 15 minutes”
- “SMM Metrics: What’s Important. What’s Not.”
- Take a trip to the future!
On October 11th at 10:30 am, in the Press Center in the Veronese room on Level 2 of the Venetian|Palazzo, IMEX will present follow-up findings from the IMEX Group’s “Power of 10″ study, which sheds new light on what the next 10 years might have in store for the global meetings and events industry.
Read what ACTIVE Network, Business Solutions has planned for IMEX America here!
What are your recommendations for this year’s IMEX America?
Written By: Irene Coghlan
When beginning the planning process of any meeting or event, there are many variables to identify. What is the most advantageous location? How much will it cost? What environmental impact will the event have?
More than ever before meeting planners, travel managers and meeting owners need an easy-to-use, intelligent tool that helps eliminate the guess work from planning meetings and events.
Today, we’re introducing Meeting Locator to help address this pain point. Part of the Active Network | StarCite Strategic Meetings Management solution, Meeting Locator uses a patent-pending algorithm that searches an up-to-the-minute, aggregated travel database from our partner, Carson Wagonlit Travel, combined with StarCite’s sophisticated meeting spend platform.
Here’s how Meeting Locator eliminates five key pain points in the meeting planning process:
- Research and evaluate meeting locations: By leveraging a patent-pending algorithm, Meeting Locator reviews recommendations based on various criteria including traveler and delegate locations, current airfares and hotel sleeping room rates, telepresence options, and CO2 emissions.
- Review and evaluate travel data: Eliminate the tedious process of researching, gathering, and sifting through loads of disparate travel data. Everything is available via Meeting Locator, saving you time and money.
- Expedite the approvals process: Incorporated into the approvals workflow, you can use Meeting Locator to evaluate, forecast and make decisions about meetings and events, quickly and easily.
- Communicate the value of your meetings: Use Meeting Locator to leverage historical travel and cost data and provide more accurate information about the true cost of your future meetings.
- Reduce carbon footprint: Using Meeting Locator, you can select your meeting location based on its carbon emissions count or available telepresence options. Meeting locator is a great tool to help promote corporate social responsibility (CSR) as part of your meeting or event program.
What are your pain points in the meeting planning process? Share with us below.
Meeting Locator Resources:
Betty McNulty is a General Manager for Active Network | StarCite, part of Active Network, Business Solutions. With significant experience in the meeting and event planning industry, she is also a strong advocate for the globalization and adoption of Strategic Meetings Management programs for Active Network| StarCite clients worldwide.
Written By: Betty McNulty